Simon on the Streets is looking for new Trustees to join a fantastic team.
What does it mean to be a Trustee of Simon on the Streets?
We are a small independent charity that does rely on the Board of Trustees playing an active and engaging role. We do currently have a diverse Board of Trustees but we are looking to add skills and experience in the following areas:
- Experience of fund application writing and/or access to charitable foundations and grant funding
- Experience of charity fund-raising through events and other income streams
- Someone with a strong sense of the mission and values of the charity who can support in developing the culture and underpinning the ethos of the charity’s values and mission
- Some who has charitable sector experience specifically in relation to homelessness, adult mental health, substance abuse or any other area pertinent to the charity
- An individual with financial experience of financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting and contributing to the future strategy of the Charity
- Somebody with great social media skills who can support with our marketing and brand strategy
What personal attributes are we looking for?
- A commitment to the organisation and its objectives
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a trustee
- Strategic vision
- Independent judgment
- Willingness to speak openly and honestly but also listen to others points of views
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Interested in learning more? We are holding a potential trustees open evening on Wednesday 22nd February for more details and to register please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Blog Posts
13th February 2017
Pupils in Year 5 at Menston Primary School raised a fantastic £62.70 from a bun sale at school. We are sure everyone was happy and learned well that day!
13th February 2017
One of our Bradford support workers and a volunteer go out on evening outreach around the city centre each week and attend a food provision run by a local church charity in an open car park.