Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Simon on the Streets. Please see below a list of our current volunteer positions. To apply please return a completed volunteer application form to email@example.com or by post to Suite 16D, Crown House, 94 Armley Road, Leeds: LS12 2EJ.
Volunteer Community Advocates
Do you fancy a challenge whilst helping in your local community?
Simon on the Streets is a community based charity which depends heavily on the support of its community. We are currently searching for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to form and lead local fundraising groups around West Yorkshire. Teams of volunteer fundraisers will meet up on a regular basis to think of fun and interesting ways to raise funds and awareness for the charity. The role is flexible, requiring a small-time commitment of one to two evenings a month and doesn’t require any previous volunteering experience.
The role of a volunteer community advocate will depend on your personal preferences; however, the main duties of the role include activities such as:
- Attending and, if need be speaking at community fundraising events as a representative for Simon on the Streets
- Speaking to local community groups about our work and homelessness within West Yorkshire
- Promoting and supporting Simon on the Streets ran events and collections
- Attending volunteer community advocate meetings
- Running independent fundraisers within the community
We will support you in your role as a volunteer by offering you:
- A place in the heart of our team
- An induction and volunteer training
- Further opportunities for free training
- A friendly contact for any of questions or queries
- Invitations to Simon on the Streets’ events
- A chance to gain valuable experience and develop yourself personally and professionally
Simon on the Streets are looking for flexible and committed volunteers to join the charities board of trustees. Main responsibilities include:
- Sit alongside the other Trustees to ensure that the charity continues to undertake its charitable purpose
- To ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives
- Support the organisation with the skills and experience that you would bring to ensure the most effective and efficient running of the charity
Volunteer Fundraising Assistant
Simon on the Streets are searching for someone to assist in fundraising to further our mission of reducing homelessness in West Yorkshire. Ideally candidates will be able to volunteer on Mondays and Fridays. Main responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with our development manager to raise vital funds for the charity
- Working as part of a team to create exciting campaigns
- Applying for funds and grants
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Updating records and databases
Unfortunately there are currently no vacancies for paid roles at Simon on the Streets.